It is the mission of the Tess Corners Fire Department to provide the highest level of personal and property safety through the extension of the fire prevention, fire suppression, medical rescue and public education services.
It is the responsibility of each firefighter and EMT to support the mission by subscribing to the following values:
To our Community:
* We recognize that the community is the reason for our presence.
* We value the faith and trust of the community and continually work to deserve that confidence through our attitude, conduct and accomplishments.
* Lives are more valuable than property.
* The safety of the public is of paramount importance, followed closely by the safety of our members.
* All members of the public are entitled to our best efforts.
As a Department:
* We strive for excellence in everything we do.
* Honesty, fairness and integrity will not be compromised.
* We continually seek effectiveness, efficiency and economy.
* Unity and teamwork are stressed as being to our mutual advantage as individuals and as an organization.
* Members are continually encouraged to improve themselves as individuals, firefighters and EMTs.
* The free exchange of ideas is encouraged.
* We will provide professional and courteous service at all times.
* We are sensitive to changing community needs.